(Just joking. This cake is better shared... or at least eaten over the course of a few days, you disgusting mess of a human being, you!)
2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cups walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Baking times tend to vary, so it is advisable to check on your cake after 30 minutes.
- Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
I make a few modifications when I do this:
- I don't add cinnamon. Because cinnamon and chocolate are disgusting together thank-you-very-much.
- I cut the sugar down by 1/2 a cup, because I'm just soooooo health conscious and better than you.
- And I don't add walnuts, because anyone who puts walnuts in baked goods deserves to be slapped across the face in front of their children.